Below is our class schedule for adults for Winter 2018, with links to each class’s registration page. You can also see a calendar view of all winter classes here, with class information and links to registration pages.
Beginning Ceramics for Adults—Slabs and Coils
Come spend a relaxing morning at Art House 7, learning a new art form. In this class you will make a bowl, a vase and a Japanese Tea Lantern using hand building techniques. This is not a wheel-throwing class. Materials and firing included in the tuition.
- Tuesdays, Jan. 9 to Feb. 27 (8 weeks), 10:30am to 12pm, $255; early-bird price: $240 (expires Jan. 1); maximum 7 students. Register here.
Beginning Oil Painting for Adults
The class will cover the basics of oil painting—starting a painting, brushes, mediums, composition, perspective and color theory. Students choose their subject matter from still-life set-ups or photographs. Demonstrations will be given throughout the semester on techniques pertaining to landscapes, still-lifes, portraits and figures. Materials list will be provided. Class can be repeated.
Teacher: Anne Browne
- Mondays, Jan. 8 to March 12 (8 weeks), 10:30am to 12:30pm, no classes on Jan. 15 and Feb. 19. $360; early-bird price: $345 (expires Jan. 1); maximum 7 students. Register here.
Open Studio for Adults
Studio will be open to come work on your own independent projects. Students supply their own materials. Students responsible for setting up and cleaning up after themselves. Please clean oil paint brushes at home. There will be a studio monitor but no instruction.
- Fridays, 10am to 12pm, Jan. 12 to March 16 (8 weeks), no open studio on Jan. 26. $200 (non AH7 students) / $80 (AH7 students). Drop-in option: $25/day for non-AH7 students, $10/day for AH7 students. To register for a drop-in, student must email one week prior: email@example.com. Please bring check payable to Art House 7. Maximum 6 students. Eight-week registration here.
Watercolor for Adults
Beginning through advanced, watercolor. The class will help beginners feel confident to start and complete a painting. More experienced painters will perfect their skills. Demonstrations will be given throughout the semester on techniques pertaining to landscapes, still lifes, portraits and figures. Students can work from still life set ups or from photographs. Materials list will be provided.
Teacher: Jane Coonce
- Wednesdays, Jan. 10 to Feb. 7 (5 weeks), 1:30 – 3:30pm. $275; early-bird price: $250 (expires Jan. 1); maximum 10 students. Register here.
- Wednesdays, Feb. 14 to March 14 (5 weeks), 1:30 – 3:30pm. $275; early-bird price: $250 (expires Jan. 1); maximum 10 students. Register here.