Below is our class schedule for adults for Spring 2018, with links to each class’s registration page. You can also see a calendar view of all spring classes here, with class information and links to registration pages.
Beginning Oil Painting for Adults
The class will cover the basics of oil painting—starting a painting, brushes, mediums, composition, perspective and color theory. Students choose their subject matter from still-life set-ups or photographs. Demonstrations will be given throughout the semester on techniques pertaining to landscapes, still-lifes, portraits and figures. Materials list will be provided. Class can be repeated.
Teacher: Anne Browne
- Mondays, April 23 – June 11 (7 weeks), 10:30am to 12:30pm, no class on May 28 (Memorial Day). $310; early-bird price: $295 (expires March 26); maximum 8 students. Register here.
Oil Portrait Painting for Adults
This course builds on observational skills and appreciation of anatomy, light and color while exploring the unique properties of oil paint as a medium. Students will work on their own projects with guidance and intermissions for exploring new skills. All welcome.
Teacher: Helen Lancaster
- Tuesdays, April 10 – June 6 (8 weeks), 10:30am to 12:30pm, no class on May 1 . $370; early-bird price: $350 (expires March 19); maximum 8 students. Register here.
- Thursdays, April 5 – May 31 (8 weeks), 7:30pm to 9:30pm, no class on May 3 . $370; early-bird price: $350 (expires March 19); maximum 8 students. Register here.
Open Studio Fridays
Studio will be open to AH7 students to come work on your own independent projects. Students supply their own materials. Students are responsible for setting up and cleaning up after themselves. Please clean oil paint brushes at home. There will be a studio monitor but no instruction. Fees are paid the day you come to the open studio. Please bring cash or a check made payable to Art House 7.
- Fridays, April 13 – June 1, 10:30am-12:30pm, $10 per Friday, for registered AH7 students only.
- You must register — by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we don’t have students, studio will be closed.
Workshop: Contemporary Acrylics, with Jane Coonce
Three-class workshop. Students will explore a unique technique using a synthetic paper that is coated with an acrylic varnish. An abstract underpainting is put down in the first layer. From there, different techniques will be applied to create a contemporary landscape or figure painting by using lifting, negative painting, and carving out shapes allowing the 1st layer to always play a part of the final painting. It’s lots of fun and very experimental.
Teacher: Jane Coonce
- Thursdays, April 12, April 19, April 26 (3 weeks), 10am – 1pm. $190; early-bird $180, expires March 27. Maximum 10 students. Register here.
Watercolor for Adults
Beginning through advanced, watercolor. The class will help beginners feel confident to start and complete a painting. More experienced painters will perfect their skills. Demonstrations will be given throughout the semester on techniques pertaining to landscapes, still lifes, portraits and figures. Students can work from still life set ups or from photographs. Materials list will be provided.
- Wednesdays, April 11 – May 30 (8 weeks), 1:30 – 3:30pm. $320; early-bird price: $295 (expires March 19); maximum 10 students. Register here.